DoomZ – A DayZ remake in the Gzdoom and Zandronum Doom Engines

DoomZ Forums Developers Graphics Modding Gun sprites New guns

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Superpomme 2 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Superpomme
    Keymaster

For the next version, I am looking to replace the current weapons which we have. They have been in it since the start, and some of the ammo types shouldn’t really match with the guns we have in there. One of the things holding us back has been the fact that the inventory works off whole clips rather than individual bullets, so a gun which has a shared ammo type, but takes a different number per clip, means that the same clip would have a different amount of bullets depending on the gun you put it in. Hopefully we can change this with the new inventory system which we are looking to introduce

//New weapons
    /*
    empty          	                    
    knife           	                
    axe                 	            
    baseball bat                         
    machete                              
    book                     	      
    pitchfork                         

crossbow                      		
    possibly a bow?                     

Amphibia S                          
    makarov                          	
    luger (red 9)                    
    Glock                          		
    Derringer                        
    magnum                         		
    longhorn                           

Flaregun?                           

mp5-k                      		    
    ump45                      		   

repeater rifle
    sks
    blaze double rifle
    winchester model 70
    mosin 9130
    sawn off mosin

AK101
    m4a1
    steyre aug
    akm
    cr527 carbine

izh                      		
    sawn off izh                 
    mp133                      		

These would use the following ammo types:

New ammo 
    -bolt_new
    -point22 
    -point380
    -point9mm
    -point45acp
    -point357
    -5point56
    -7point62x39
    -point308
    -7point62x54
    -12gauge

These are in the pk3 already as a placeholder, but they will need graphics adding to them (and the code for the guns updating).

It would be good to hear feedback as to the sprites to use, as I’m not sure whether to try and take pictures myself, as with the injectors etc, to use resources that others have made available, like the ones over on realm667.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  Superpomme.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  Superpomme.

Superpomme
    Keymaster

For reference, here is where most of the gun sprites have come from:

http://www.realm667.com/index.php/en/armory-mainmenu-157-97317/doom-style-mainmenu-158-94349

They are really good, but we have a limited number of them, and my artwork is all over the place. We do need to decide whether this is a good way to do it, the other ideas are to take pics and try and overlay arm pics on images of guns, and the final way I thought is to get some models made, or used from free model sites, and then export the frames that we need. I would need to get help in doing this tho, as my experience is really limited. If anyone has any feedback or suggestions on this, or another style to go in, please do say!

Superpomme
    Keymaster

All guns now added in, but with placeholder sprites. This will allow us to update them as and when they are drawn, but means that they can be used straight away.

Gun spawns not added to the normal gun pickup list yet, as it needs separating into Hospital guns, barracks guns etc with their varying frequency.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.