DoomZ – A DayZ remake in the Gzdoom and Zandronum Doom Engines

DoomZ Forums Developers Guns and items New guns and ammo

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Superpomme 2 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Superpomme
    Keymaster

For the next version, I am looking to replace the current weapons which we have. They have been in it since the start, and some of the ammo types shouldn’t really match with the guns we have in there. One of the things holding us back has been the fact that the inventory works off whole clips rather than individual bullets, so a gun which has a shared ammo type, but takes a different number per clip, means that the same clip would have a different amount of bullets depending on the gun you put it in. Hopefully we can change this with the new inventory system which we are looking to introduce
    //New weapons
    /*
    empty
    knife
    axe
    baseball bat
    machete
    book
    pitchfork
    crossbow
    possibly a bow?
    Amphibia S
    makarov
    luger (red 9)
    Glock
    Derringer
    magnum
    longhorn
    Flaregun?
    mp5-k
    ump45
    repeater rifle
    sks
    blaze double rifle
    winchester model 70
    mosin 9130
    sawn off mosin
    AK101
    m4a1
    steyre aug
    akm
    cr527 carbine
    izh
    sawn off izh
    mp133
    These would use the following ammo types:
    New ammo
    -bolt_new
    -point22
    -point380
    -point9mm
    -point45acp
    -point357
    -5point56
    -7point62x39
    -point308
    -7point62x54
    -12gauge
    These are in the pk3 already as a placeholder, but they will need graphics adding to them (and the code for the guns updating).
    It would be good to hear feedback as to the sprites to use, as I’m not sure whether to try and take pictures myself, as with the injectors etc, to use resources that others have made available, like the ones over on realm667.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  Superpomme.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.